Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Day In The Life Of Reilly

A great deal of busyness has descended upon me necessatating that I accomplish all of this work in a short amount of time. So far I have managed to burn the oatmeal. I did upgrad my cable package to include the ME channels that the government ripped me off of when they hijacked our TVs'. Ok, I need to stay on track and not get off on a tangent as I am sometimes want to do.

Ok, I am going to save this as a draft but I don't think I am going to be able to retrieve this from here.  Oh, I see what happens, it transports the 'saved draft' to my blog where I post articles at. Ok, thats cool at least don't lose it but now, I can't use that feature that allows me to start a post from my home page, oh, so what, type fool. Gonna save it again and see what happens this time.

Oh, I guess I got two things done and now on to the rest, lets just call it busy stuff.  Gonna go wash Dick's Car.  Someone asked me do I own a car and I said no, but ask me if I have access to a car and I have a small fleet.  To the best friends and neighbors do I owe such privilege.  OK, gotta go.

Now as we approach the noon hour a nap is coming on and the question is should I eat before I go to sleep or after.  I've been told it is not good to eat a turkey dinner at thanksgiving and then lay down for a nap. I think it may have had to do with the indians still hanging around I don' know.  And you know there is a team in Skokie who call themselves the Skokie Indians, so there you have it.  My eyes really are falling asleep and since typing is dep[endent upoon seeing I think we should depart from this.  I best save it first.

Back from my mid-day nap and ready to get back at it. Have to avoid this hurricane that is blistering its way through the house cleaning everything in sight.  Hey, it just might be time to throw in a picture or video.

Here we are in Los Angeles, California visiting the Getty Museum.  We being refined folks as we is, we decided to enhance our appreciation for the arts.  No one who observed us that day could tell we were from the lower trappings of life having lived in our 1 bedroom apartments back in Evanston, Illinois.  No, and infact we at one point went to Rodeo Drive to hob nob with the rich and famous.

Later in the day, I do believe it was that day or maybe another day we took Ruth to LAX, Los Angeles International Airport.  It was quite a ride where we thought we were lost and took a chance on a unidentified exit and there we were right smack dab heading for the airport.  I played like I knew it all along and was the hero for the day.

During my stay in California I even got to meet and hug a real live movie star, Stephnie Weir of MAD TV fame and sitcom The Wedding Planner. 

Now I must return to my work for the day after that brief respite to La la land.
More thanks to Hannah and Alex for their hosting us that year in 2005.

No comments: