Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 26

Facebook takes a vacation on the weekends, at least amongst my friends they do.  And personally I am glad because it forces me to take a break myself.  Besides my least activity prevails on the weekends.  Not that there aren't things I can do, I just need a day or two to sort through what I need to do come Monday.

My focus this coming week is going to be of necessity taking care of my grandchildren.  Charlie and Zoe are coming for almost a week as their parents are going to Puerto Rico.  Val is from Puerto Rico and as I understand it his grandfather passed away recently and there are family matters to attend to. 

Charlie is almost 3 and Zoe just turned 1 so it helps that we have a tot lot park adjacent to our backyard.  Also, as best as we can, it is a time to enjoy them in an extended time frame unrushed by getting them ready to go back home when you've only had them overnight while mommy works. 

I have a video camera that I just purchased and plan to use it a lot filming their everyday antics and explorations.  This is the ideal age to enjoy grandchildren with their incessant energy.  So, I think I am going to take advantage of the present quiet and store up my own energy for next weeks adventure.

No comments: