Saturday, December 26, 2015

Memories Of Yesteryear

I bet you all have never seen my Mom, have you?  My Mom is on my right, (which would be your left as you look at the picture.  That's my Aunt Dorothy on my left. Aunt Dorothy was a great woman who along with Uncle Joe helped my mother when we lived in Woodlawn at 62nd and Dorchester and after they moved to 97th and Chapel in the Jeffrey Manor neighborhood.  So where do you take your 10 year old son after he has won his first medal for having the highest scholastic grade in the entire school, Ferguson's in Hazel Crest of Course. At that point in time, on that given day in 1955 I would have qualified as one of the most likely to succeed. 
 
Well, let's just cut straight to the chase, we didn't do so well between the two pictures now did we.  Oh my goodness, what was I thinking.  I'll tell you what I was thinking. I was thinking I would show my cardiologist a picture of me when I was in my prime and all healthy looking and what not.  Maybe this shouldn't be the picture I show him. 
Maybe he won't believe that's me.  And why is my spotter standing so far back from the bar. Wow, look at that.  That's Naomi there sitting on the steps.  From this distance it looks a lot like Zoe.

 

No comments: