Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's Just Not That Cold.

The news media needs to just stop trying to terrify us with news about how cold it is.  Currently it is -2° in my home town of Evanston, Il. So what.  At first it was kinda cool having -° temperatures, now the novelty has worn off.  Next week they say the weather is going to be 5, 2 and 9 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I'm not terrified of this.  Al queida is terrifying, the weather is not.  At least not the cold part.

For seniors and young children, yes, we need to take precautions.  People with asthma and COPD, like I have, need to be cautious as well, but then we always need to be cautious about our breathing.  But I am over being overly concerned about how cold it is going to be.

Yesterday my brother called and asked if I needed to be dug out from the overnight blizzard of lake effect snow.  I did,  and he came over and dug me out.  I went out as well and hung with him for awhile as he did so.  The weather was not so daunting that I feared going out in it. 


No comments: