Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Woke Up This Morning With My Mind Stayed On Jesus

I Woke Up This Morning With My Mind Stayed on Jesus, performed by Indigo Choral Society, Georgetown, SC, in Winyah Auditorium, April 28, 2012.
Thomas Martin, director. Jan Fort, soloist.

Not a bad rendition at all.  In a year's time since this posting they have only had 519 views, so let's give them their props.  

 And then from that glorious wake up, I read the news.  Not a recommended beginning to any day.  6 month old baby shot 5 times in Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood, an area I grew up in 58 years ago.  Of course the shooter probably didn't know a baby was in the car when he pumped 10 shots into the vehicle.  Still, at 1pm or so when the shooting occurred its a brazen disregard for human life at any time. Recent visits from the President and his wife will not alter this killing rampage that continues to plague the streets of Chicago.

Watching "The Bible" one sees that history is replete of violence from throughout.  Even Christianities heroes are less heroic as evidenced by their actions.  Even after the flood it only got worse.  What is one to think about the wars of today and violence in our streets, if even a man after God's own heart, David, sends a man off to war knowing his imminent death awaits him so he, David, can take the man's wife.  

I don't have many days in the week to take care of busy stuff so I better get busy.  This, that and the other will occupy pretty much most of my day.  Look on the bright side, God has given us another day to make a difference.




No comments: