Sunday, January 26, 2020

(8) Memories

(8) Memories: Somehow we have to contend for better weather. Maybe we should write a letter to our weatherman and tell them they need to do a better job. Or fancy a March for Warmer Weather. And so it is, we are seemingly always CONTENDING for something. Doesn't mean it has to be a contentious contending, but contending nevertheless. Even Biblically we are suppose to "contend for the faith". When Rodney King spoke those words, "Why can't we all get along" he failed to understand the nature of man (or woman). It is in our nature to "not get along". I mean Cain killed Abel right out of the gate, no mere fistfight, kabow!!! I know, I know, "Love thy neighbor" And I have a whole life time of seeing how that has gone. Some neighbors have been lovable, most have not. And others, well they're just there. Throw in a little "that was then, this is now." And you barely remember what it was about them that made them memorable in the first place. "Oh, that's right. They owe me $10" I think I have strayed from the beaten path and lost my way with this subject. That's part of life too. Remember the Wayward Wind? Who sang that? So as we gear up for another contentious or contending day just remember. It comes naturally, no, you don't always get your way because someone else wants to get their way. The End.

No comments: